August 22nd, 2013
Image compliments of Best Therapy Schools
June 12th, 2013
Last week our MD, Greg Schneider, was invited to talk Crowdsourced Recruitment on CNBC. For those who missed it you can catch the interview below.
June 11th, 2013
Itay Talgam explains how to lead like the great conductors. A must watch TED Talk for anyone hoping to get the best from their people.
May 27th, 2013
Hello Bounty Hunters,
Let us begin by saying thank you for all your support. At the end of this month, Hiring Bounty will be 10 months old and we couldn’t have got here without you, our community.
We’re proud to say that Hiring Bounty has carved out a niche for ourselves in the marketing industry. We have new jobs listed on the site weekly and slowly, but surely your hard work is winning over employers in the marketing space. It’s also earned you some cash; to date we’ve paid out R100 000 in bounties, not too shabby, right?
While servicing the marketing industry has been great, we don’t want to be a one trick pony. We want to give you as many jobs as possible and as diverse a selection as we can, think Finance, IT, Construction, Legal and Retail. There is no reason why we can’t help fill every job. So in keeping with our commitment to crowdsourcing, we are turning to you, our community to help us expand.
What does this mean? Well, we want to reward you for helping us list more jobs! Right now we are testing how effective this is. If you are half as good at getting jobs as you are at getting CVs then we’ll tweak the site and referring for jobs will become a full time feature.
How does it work?
- Find a company you think should be crowdsourcing their recruitment
- Email the key contact at the company with an introduction to Greg, our MD (greg.schneider(at)hiringbounty.com)
- Sit back and relax while Greg gets to work explaining Hiring Bounty and collecting the details to list the job
So, I hear you asking “What’s in it for me?”. Well besides having more jobs on the site to earn the loot from referring your friends to, we are going to pay you 10% of our portion of the bounty if the position gets filled. What this means is you can now earn 110% of the bounty; 100% for the referral of the candidate and an extra 10% for sourcing the job.
Let’s break it down step by step.
- You introduce Greg to Rodeo Digital
- Rodeo Digital go ahead and list a job
- They suggest a bounty of R5 000
- After a number of referrals and applications Rodeo Digital make the hire (Since we only get paid if someone gets hired we are going to have to fill the role for you to earn.)
- Now everyone gets paid. After the candidate completes their probation, they earn R5 000. The Referrer earns R5 000. Hiring Bounty gets R4 500 and you get R500 for introducing the employer. Simple as that.
As we mentioned, this is just a test. We are running the campaign until midnight, Sunday 2 June. if it goes well we’ll make this a permanent feature on the site and make it much easier for you to refer an employer.
So… Hiring Bounty now pays you to get hired, refer a friend or a job. There really is no excuse for not bounty hunting.
The Hiring Bounty Team
May 24th, 2013
Yesterday was Net Prophet, the premier event on the tech startup calendar. The line-up promised a full day of stimulating discussion from top local and international entrepreneurs, who beat the odds and now run successful businesses.
Ask any entrepreneur the story of how they started their business and you can be sure the twists and turns will be littered with stories of guerrilla marketing campaigns and a fair amount of hustle. Anyone who attended yesterday’s event would have heard their fair share of these war stories.
Net Prophet is a bounty hunters dream, a full day of networking, spells the perfect opportunity to broaden your network and meet some people to refer. With this in mind we decided to run our own little guerrilla campaign, bringing our own hustle to the event and creating our very own startup war story.
Unsure if we would get evicted from the venue for staging an unsanctioned campaign the brief was to create as much attention and spread the idea about Hiring Bounty quickly. I’d like to think that our execution did just that.
The night before Vaughn and I put our own little spin on the regular homeless sign looking for work. You can see Vaughn holding the sign in the pic below.
No job plea is complete without a CV, so along with the sign we made our job hunter Vaughn his own CV with a twist.
As the masses exited the venue for lunch Vaughn and I pleaded with the crowd to take a CV and help this innovative job seeker secure his dream job in digital. It was pretty tough to say no to Vaughn’s plea and the CVs were gone in a matter of minutes.
Rather than wait till we were old and grey to retell this story we thought we’d share it with all of you who couldn’t be at Net Prophet.
It’s worth mentioning that the Net Prophet organisers let us be and even gave some words of encouragement, rather than kicking us to the curb. We glad we weren’t bundled out and happy to see the organizers practicing what the speakers were preaching, thanks guys.
We’re keen to hear your thoughts on our campaign, so let us know in the comments section below.
May 10th, 2013
It’s going to take a big bounty to replace this guy. Thanks for making us number 1
April 26th, 2013
If you have been following us on Facebook you would have noticed that we have been discussing things that you should be taking off your desk to improve your productivity. It might not hold true for everyone but as a general rule the less cluttered your desk the more productive you are.
The bigger questions is should we be working at desks at all?
Check out the infographic below and decide for yourself!
April 24th, 2013
Every employer should strive to make the environment that their employees work in as happy place as possible – for the simple reason that happy employees are productive employees.
Next Jump is a company that has done lots when it comes to doing and thinking about how to make staff happy and the below presentation by their CEO Charlie Kim is both inspiring and enlightening.
Its a long watch (1 hour) but we recommend you settle down and watch the whole thing – especially if you are lucky enough to be employing people!
April 22nd, 2013
The Rubiks Cube is one the the worlds toughest puzzles and can be used as the perfect metaphor for perseverance and the idea of never giving up. Check out this video from Beau Pinto on how he used the Rubiks Cube to help motivate himself in his own life.
April 19th, 2013
Whether you are employed or self-employed, below are 11 things to help you in your career:
1. Make time to understand what motivates your boss or your clients.
2. Work harder than expected – go that extra mile and add more value.
3. Make time to network and build stronger relationships with those you work with.
4. Invest in your own development; reading, researching and skills-swaps are cost effective alternatives to expensive training courses.
5. Have a clear vision for your career progression – but allow some flexibility in how you get there.
6. Play to your strengths – how can you utilise what you are great at to solve the challenges of your employer or clients?
7. Be creative – think outside the box even if you are not in a traditionally creative job, accountants can do some creative things with numbers
8. Don’t be complacent – always make sure you are looking for your weak spots and work on them.
9. Be proactive – people want solutions not problems and a ‘can do’ positive and flexible attitude.
10. Make time for self-promotion – yes a little fame never hurt. x
11. Finally – make sure your career offer you the opportunity to do what you really want to do.